Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ravensthorpe


Thought I'd get things moving by including images from a couple of the lovely opportunities, both personally and photographically, I've had this year.

In March I was invited to go and camp in a paddock in Ravensthorpe with 9 other artists for a week. It was for a project called East of Us and was part of Denmark Arts' annual Brave New Works Festival. We spent the week collaborating with each other and with members of the Ravie community, exploring cultural ties and sharing stories. Music, sculpture, painting, printmaking, the written word and photography were all used to explore what makes this area 4 hours to our east unique.

It was a rare chance for each of us to work closely with other creative folk, with ideas coming together around the campfire each evening. And for me it created the time and space to take photos just for me...something I'd been forgetting to do.